Ding! A chance to Win a Free Public Class
As the situation of COVID-19 is getting better in China, many businesses have resumed their daily work. As usual, we hope that you are safe and well, enjoying the warmth of early-summer. In this season of revival and recovery, our public class is also under preparation. Do you want to learn authentic baking techniques in French pastries? Here is a chance to win a free public class!
A note from an assistant:
“I had nothing to do during the epidemic, but when I saw people posting their bakery products online, I could not resist baking! I made breads, cakes and even pizzas. The pre-made parts, such as crust tart, puff pastry, and pizza base, provided by the catering service of SYB and Village 127, helped a lot in baking. Every time I was baking, I remembered deeply the ‘ding’ sound from the oven, it would fill me with much excitement. I could not wait to open the oven, in which at that moment, I would feel a huge sense of achievement and happiness accompanied by the aroma of freshly baked products that filled my house.”
No matter what the results of your bakery products are, you are welcome to share them with SYB. At the same time, you are also welcome to put forward your difficulties or concerns during baking and our professional instructors from SYB would give the answer and help you improve your baking skills! From now on, we are launching a prize-winning article activity to all our friends and supporters of SYB. In the article, maybe you could write down your progress in baking or share your enthusiasm and passion for charity. Here is the detail:
Themes for the article：
1. Personal baking experience: How did you get started in baking? What is the process and experience of baking at home? Was there any interesting stories or encounters when you were playing and/or learning how to bake? What are some difficulties when baking at home and you wish to hear some advice from our instructors? It could be a display of the baking process or you can share a personal recipe. You are also welcome to express your own thoughts and ideas, hopefully which might help others solve problems when baking at home.
2. A story with SYB: How did you get to know SYB and have you participated in SYB activities? What are your opinions and thoughts on these activities? You could tell stories related to SYB or share your experience in a SYB activity. It would help more readers to understand and hopefully pay more attention in our public charity program.
Both themes are available to choose.
There is no assigned format for the article. There is also no minimum or maximum word requirement and it is highly welcome to provide original pictures of high quality.
Requirements for submission:
1. The article and the pictures must be original.
2. The article should be a first-time release and has not been published in other media platforms or communities.
3. By participating in the submission, you agree to authorize Shanghai Young Bakers to publish and display your article on the website and other media channels of SYB, including but are not limited to Weibo, WeChat Public Account, Facebook, etc. The original author is responsible for the content of the article.
4. Multiple articles can be submitted during the event, but the same author can only win the prize once.
1. The article and pictures should be sent as attachments by email. When submitting, please format the subject as “Article Submission + Title”. Besides, please leave your name and contact information, allowing the staff to contact you if you win the event.
3. Date of event：2020.5.12-2020.6.12
Nominations and selection criteria:
1. Nominations: Throughout the event period, we will be continuously selecting and publishing rich and meaningful articles on a rolling basis. If your essay is published, it means that you are nominated and you would be informed by the staff through the information you provided.
2. Selection criteria: The editorial department of SYB will choose the winners closely based on the quality of article and pictures. The list of selected winners is expected to be announced in the following article, so please pay close attention to our WeChat channel. In addition, we would inform the winners through the information they provided.
Six people could get a free public class (actually a voucher of public class worth 350 RMB).
Final Interpretation is owned fully by Shanghai Young Bakers.