Every year, we help 30 marginalised youth to lift themselves out of poverty through bakery skills. But more than that, by spreading our message of self-empowerment, responsibility, solidarity and consideration, we hope to inspire companies and individuals to believe that they too, can “bake a difference”. Sometimes, giving someone an opportunity is all it takes!
If you too would like to make an impact, join us and spread the word!
- Visit us at markets: We regularly participate in weekend markets, to let more people know about our program. If you would like to taste traditional French bread and pastry, exchange with our teachers, students, graduates and volunteers, and learn more about what we do, come down to one of these markets to show your support!
- Involve your team in a bakery workshop: get your colleagues together for a fun and meaningful hands-on activity, either at our baking centre or at your office. Guaranteed to boost your company spirit, all while sharing some delicious pastries.
- For those of you in the F&B business, contact us to know more about our technical consulting services, how to hire one of our graduates, or to promote your brand amongst our network.
- Volunteer! We are always looking for enthusiastic people to help us out on a regular basis. Whether it is helping out at our weekend markets or helping us translate an article, we believe every volunteer has something valuable to offer to the team! We look forward to seeing you at our next monthly volunteer meeting.
- Volunteer with your colleagues: We have specific volunteer activities for corporates who wish to engage their staff in meaningful and uplifting community service. Contact us so that we can design a proposal that best meets your needs.
- Intern: We offer internship positions to students or volunteers who would like to gain essential skills by joining our team for at least 5 months. Interns take on important roles within the organisation and are essential to our success.
- Give meaning to your career! If you share our belief in our mission to empower disadvantaged populations through bakery, have a professional attitude, and want to join a dynamic multicultural team, send us your CV! Responsibilities include marketing, customer service, social media management, operations, administration, and student support. Full-time positions can evolve into many different directions, depending on the candidate’s skills, interests, and ability to commit to our long-term growth.
- Donate products and services: from sports equipment, printing ink, packaging, nuts & dried fruits, bakery tools, to MS office training and design services, there are a wide range of things that can help us to improve our students’ environment, increase our staff’s professionalism or save costs!
- Sponsor: We warmly welcome individuals and organisations who would like to make financial contributions to SYB. In the end, it’s thanks to your generous support that we can run our programme, year after year, and empower marginalised youth to lift themselves out of poverty. We look forward to talking with you about how we can do this together!
Experience SYB’s recipe for social change!
Together, we can bake it happen!