Social Enterprise Assistant
Social Enterprise Assistant
We are looking for a friendly and efficient bakery lover to join our multicultural team and help us promote our social enterprise activities! Tell the world about our public classes, assist with the French bakery workshops and trainings, and do good at the same time!
Some adjustments in the role may be made to better fit the candidate’s specific skills, interests and availability.
Time commitment: at least 4 days/week (including Saturdays), for a minimum period of 6 months.
1. Be part of the general promotion of commercial activities
- Review and improve the Social Enterprise activities section of the SYB website (including team building, markets, public class, catering service).
- Be responsible for the related updates on SYB channels (website, newsletter, social media: WeChat, Weibo, Facebook) as well as related photo management and filing.
- Contribute to the preparation of the WeChat and newsletter articles, together with the SE team. Conduct or support translation work when needed.
- Design and implement promotional strategies and plan when necessary.
2. Assist the operation of catering service
- Management and maintenance of online catering service platform and catalogue.
- Researching on measures to improve the operation and customer experience.
- Assist with other operational tasks in the service (follow the orders with customers, assist in case of requests or concerns).
- Assist the Social Enterprise Director in preparing the activities and sales payment follow up file.
3. Assist in the organization of the open public bakery/pastry classes when needed
If needed and if interested in it, attend the classes and support as appropriate, e.g. welcome visitors, provide oral translation, take photos, help prepare lunch, ensure general satisfaction level from the clients, help clean up…
4. Be the SYB Market Coordinator
- Under its social enterprise program, we take part in weekend and other markets in order to:
- Sell the breads and/or cakes of our Village127 partner social coffee
- Raise awareness about the SYB program and encourage people to support the program, in particular by promoting SYB’s other commercial activities (public classes, customised catering…) and other ways where individuals and companies can get involved
- Allow volunteers and other people who would like to support SYB, to get involved in a constructive and meaningful manner
- Register at regular markets (Jiashan Market, SEE Market…). Find new markets to participate in, when necessary.
- Attend the weekly commercial & bakery/pastry teachers (Monday mornings) and coordinate with the teachers and social enterprise team about the markets schedule and any other relevant information and be updated of all program news and activities.
- Participate in the volunteer meeting (held once every two months in the evening), and present market volunteering opportunities to potential volunteers
- Coordinate and train volunteers for the markets.
5. Perform other ad hoc tasks when requested
- In particular, since we organize our Graduation Ceremony once a year, the intern can assist in the preparation of this great Event, also requesting some volunteer support.
- Dedication to a growing international non-profit, interest in social issues and learning more about NGO/social enterprise operations in a Chinese multicultural environment.
- Proficient in English and Chinese.
- Candidates eager to learn French or to improve their knowledge of French language and French culture are warmly encouraged to apply. Being native/proficient in French is hugely appreciated.
- Able to communicate and interact in a professional and pleasant manner, especially in a cross-cultural context.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Interest in developing hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship, as well as in strengthening skills in PR, marketing, languages, project management.
- Some knowledge and experience in graphic design, including Photoshop, will be hugely appreciated.
- Work closely with French & Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (静安区江宁路212号)
- Outside events at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or other locations (market on Jiashan Lu for example)
- Transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.