Communication & Event intern
Shanghai Young Bakers strives to raise awareness about its actions, engage supporters and volunteers, promote its brand and give recognition to its partners, attract clients and bakery enthusiasts, through a professional and pro-active communication strategy.
The Communication & Event intern is in charge of designing and implementing SYB’s overall external communication strategy, both for the program and for the activities of its social enterprise, as well as helping with the public baking classes, under the guidance of the SYB program director and with the support of other SYB staff.
Promote Shanghai Young Bakers’ work and activities to the general public
- With the support of the program director, define and manage the social media schedule (wechat, weibo, facebook), both for the program and for the social enterprise activities
- Collect/write articles and update social media channels accordingly. When needed, translate articles and posts from English to Chinese, and/or ask support from volunteers
- Make updates to the SYB website (articles/posts, social enterprise calendar and activities…)
- Act as Chief Editor for the SYB monthly newsletter
Assist in the promotion and organization of public bakery classes
- Design promotional material for SYB’s public bakery classes (posts, flyers…), with the support of the social enterprise team members
- Disseminate as appropriate (on SYB channels & other channels)
- Attend the classes and help by preparing material, welcoming visitors, taking photos, setting up lunch, ensuring general satisfaction level from the clients, cleaning up
Improve SYB’s communication material (TBC – if time allows)
- Make sure all photos are properly stored on SYB’s hard drive, and make selections of best photos to be used for future communication and/or to be printed out
- Edit SYB’s recruitment video with new sound and subtitles, so that it can be used for general promotional purpose
- Interview 1-2 students who have graduated from SYB, and write a report article to be published on SYB’s channels
- Enthusiasm to work for a growing international non-profit organization, interest in social issues and learning more about NGO operations and social entrepreneurship in a Chinese multicultural environment
- Keen to gain experience in Communication, Journalism, PR, Marketing
- Native level in Chinese, proficient in English.
- Candidates eager to learn French or to improve their knowledge of French language and French culture are warmly encouraged to apply.
- Able to communicate and interact in a professional and pleasant manner, especially in a cross-cultural context
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Technical knowledge and experience in graphic design (photoshop…) are not essential but would be appreciated
- Report to French program director
- Work closely with French & Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
- Outside events at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or other locations
- Transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, let us know why this assignment appeals to you, what kind of relevant experience you have (if any), when you would be available to work with us, and include a CV. Thank you!