Social Enterprise Director
SYB’s social enterprise (SE) activities currently include:
• public bakery/pastry classes for individuals
• simplified DIY bakery/pastry workshops for company staff, families or children
• teambuilding bakery activities for company staff
• specialized bakery/pastry training for professionals and café owners
• technical consulting services (recipe development, F&B staff training)
• customised bakery and pastry catering for private or corporate events
• bakers’ basket subscriptions, made with student products
• sale of student products at weekend farmers markets
The Social Enterprise Director will be in charge of defining and implementing our social enterprise’s strategy together with the SYB team, and of leading all commercial operations, by promoting our revenue-generating services and supervising the coordination of related requests, activities and deliverables.
The Social Enterprise Director may also be involved in the development of strategic partnerships with companies from the food industry and companies looking to increase their CSR engagement.
1. Promote and increase SYB’s commercial services
• Review and lead SYB’s marketing strategy and objectives for the Social Enterprise
• Strengthen and develop range of SYB commercial offers. In particular, focus on specialized / professional services, and services to corporations.
• Define and supervise the communication plan for the SE: promotional material, engagement in social media and networks.
• Lead targeted search for potential clients and sales outlets
2. Supervise and control implementation
• Manage the Social Enterprise Coordinator, who acts as contact point for all commercial enquiries and coordinates engagement with the bakery teachers and the rest of the team
• Hire, build and manage a larger commercial team made of volunteers, interns, and SYB graduates
• Ensure that implementation follows the principles and standards set by SYB
• Act as the point of escalation for any issue outside the usual service standard
3. Maximise financial returns
• Review monthly financial performance together with SYB management, and make strategic adjustments where necessary
• Control prices, costs, and work towards an increase of SYB social enterprise’s overall profits
• Define and implement staff incentive policy
4. Support the development of strategic corporate partnerships
• Participate in the SYB Partnerships Task-force / Committee
• Enable interested companies to start building long-term partnerships through SYB’s commercial offer
• Shared belief in SYB’s values and mission to empower disadvantaged populations through bakery. Good understanding of the social enterprise model; passion to bring sustainable commercial solutions to support a growing NGO.
• Fluent in Chinese and English. Knowledge of French appreciated.
• Solid experience in managing a team, prioritising multiple tasks, coordinating projects and organising activities, in a small, fast-paced and multicultural environment
• Professional attitude and communication skills
• Creative and pragmatic approach to delivering solutions
• Enthusiasm for traditional Western bakery and pastry, and for French culture; familiarity with French-style breads and cakes
• Sensitive to market demands, attentive to trends in civic engagement and social responsibility
• Work within a small, dynamic, multicultural team led by a French director, in close partnership with committed bakery trainers (=SYB graduates who have trained in France), as well as with interns and volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
o Office work in city centre: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
o Events/classes: SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）
o Outside meetings & events around town to be expected
• Compensation based on level of commitment and experience, and on ability to raise profits for SYB’s charity training program
• Candidates are expected to be able to commit for at least 3-5 years.
How to apply:
Please send your CV as well as a short, customised email explaining your current situation and your motivation and qualifications for this role to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We will only consider applications with a cover email tailored to our organisation.