Social Enterprise Coordinator
The Social Enterprise Coordinator will be in charge of implementing our social enterprise’s strategy together with the SYB team, and leading all commercial operations, by promoting our revenue-generating services and coordinating related requests, activities and deliverables.
- Promote and increase SYB’s commercial services
- Review SYB’s marketing strategy and objectives
- Strengthen and develop range of SYB commercial offers. Currently, these include:
- public bakery/pastry classes for individuals, families or children
- social teambuilding bakery classes for company staff
- customised bakery and pastry catering for private or corporate events
- student bread baskets and cake boxes subscriptions
- sale of student products at weekend farmers markets
- technical consulting services (recipe development, F&B staff training)
- Develop promotional material
- Engage social media and networks
- Lead targeted search for potential clients and sales outlets
- Coordinate commercial activities
- Act as the contact point for all commercial enquiries
- Coordinate engagements with SYB bakery teachers
- Organise resulting orders and activities, including public classes
- Build and manage a commercial team made of volunteers, interns, SYB graduates
- Assist in monitoring financial returns
- Control sales, costs, profits
- Implement staff incentive policy
- Keep track and chase payments and receivables
- Review monthly financial performance together with SYB management
- Good understanding of the social enterprise model; passion to bring sustainable commercial solutions to support a growing NGO
- Native level in Chinese, fluent in English (especially oral English). Foreign candidates with limited Chinese skills may be considered on an exceptional basis if they are particularly experienced and motivated.
- Knowing French will be a strong advantage. Candidates eager to learn or improve their French are warmly encouraged to apply.
- Able to communicate and interact in a professional and pleasant manner, especially in a cross-cultural context
- Creative and realistic approach to delivering solutions
- Sensitive to market demands, attentive to trends in civic engagement and social responsibility
- Experience in prioritising multiple tasks, organising activities, paying attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a small, fast-paced and international environment
- Enthusiasm for traditional Western bakery and pastry, and for French culture; familiarity with French-style breads and cakes
- Enjoy teamwork as well as autonomy
- Interest in developing hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship, as well as in strengthening skills in marketing, languages, MS Excel
- Work within a small, dynamic, French-Chinese team led by a French program manager, in close partnership with committed bakery trainers (=SYB graduates who have trained in France), as well as with volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Office work in city centre: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (西康路长寿路)
- Events/classes: SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）
- Outside meetings & events around town to be expected
- This assignment can be taken on either as an internship (6 months minimum), and/or can evolve as a full-time paid employment for successful candidates ready to commit for at least three years.
- Bonuses will be granted based on candidate’s success in increasing the direct profits from the SYB commercial activities.
How to apply:
Please send your CV as well as a short, customised email explaining your current situation and your motivation and qualifications for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We will only consider applications with a cover email tailored to our organisation.