The Program director provides strategic support to the organisation by leading and managing all training and educational aspects of the program, in coordination with the program educational partners and under the guidance of the Executive Director.
The Program director should work towards maximizing the students’ training opportunities and facilitating their integration into the working world, in particular by ensuring (1) the charity nature of the program, (2) the high quality of the training, and (3) the long-term sustainability of the organization.
- Overall training/education leadership
- Participate in setting the vision and landmarks for the next five years, ensure planning and implementation
- Manage relations with training & education partners
- Manage and coach the training/educational staff (4 teachers) in their everyday work and in their personal professional development; set up career plans
- Students recruitment management
- Liaise with partner and potential partner NGOs to receive student applications; review and improve recruitment material as appropriate (April-July)
- Together with the teachers, review candidates and conduct interviews to select 32 students, and help organize their arrival in Shanghai (July-August)
- Students education / training monitoring and supervision
- Coordinate and supervise curriculum design, program implementation and training organization, for all areas including
- Technical bakery & pastry training
- General professional skills (hygiene, fire safety, food safety, first aid, interview…)
- English language
- Soft skills and character development (communication, teamwork, public speaking, financial management, sex education…)
- Monitor and encourage students’ psychological well-being and overall progress, including during their internships, together with the social educator and bakery teachers
- Manage any student-related emergency (in particular, physical, emotional, social, and professional)
- Evaluate training quality and lead improvements
- Internship partnerships management
- Manage internship-related issues with the concerned hotels/bakeries partners
- Negotiate and follow-up on partnership renewal; lead the search for new internship partners
- External communication
- Oversee design, content, planning & updates of all communication material, both offline and online, including social media postings (Wechat, weibo, facebook…)
- Ensure promotion of the program and sponsors’ visibility
- Organise program’s participation in bakery-related exhibitions, shows, competitions and focused social events
- Prepare for future developments / long-term sustainability
- Assist the return of our two graduates currently in France to be trained as SYB teachers, and support the transition into their new role (June-September)
- Aid the selection of two new graduates/students to be trained as SYB’s future bakery trainers
- Work towards raising the quality standards at SYB Baking Centre to support the professional as well as commercial developments of the program;
- Stay aware of cooperation opportunities with other NGOs to increase social impact; for example, by expanding the “Train-the-Trainer” program with like-minded NGOs
- Dedication to work in a growing multi-cultural non-profit organization with a strong interest in social enterprise development. Committed to making a difference.
- Awareness of training and education issues
- Potential to lead, influence, and efficiently support operational and strategic decisions to drive the program as a high-quality, sustainable social model.
- Strong working knowledge in English and Mandarin (ex: able to effectively lead meetings in any of these languages). French will be a strong plus.
- Experience of project coordination in a multi-cultural setting. Good knowledge of Chinese culture and working environment.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; able to work collaboratively and independently.
- Interest in the food/bakery industry.
- Work contract: 3 years renewable
- Full-time, activities/meetings to be expected on weekends/evenings
- Location: Shanghai
- Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
- Events/classes: SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or Caoyang Vocational School (普陀区清涧路240号)
- Outside meetings & events to be expected
- Base salary in line with China NGO standards + fixed bonus depending on qualifications, experience and dedication.
- Strong development opportunities towards an overall management/leadership role
Please send us your application (CV + short cover letter) by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.