Shanghai Young Bakers relies on a network of sponsors and partners to operate its program. These include financial sponsors, hotel internship partners, in-kind donors, pro-bono service providers, corporate clients, as well as NGOs, schools and institutions who help ensure the quality of the program.
The Operations Officer acts as a deputy to the Executive Director, who leads and manages the operational and strategic aspects of the organization in coordination with the program stakeholders.
1. Participate in the development of the Social Enterprise
• Support legal and operational coherence between SYB’s commercial activities and its overall objectives
• Help to define and implement professional standards, appropriate marketing mix and an efficient strategy to ensure an increase of commercial revenue while safekeeping the organization’s social priorities
• Help to oversee all commercial operations in order to guaranty coherence and coordination, from promotion, implementation, to follow up and analysis.
2. Manage part of the Support functions
• Validate and process employee reimbursements and program payments, reconcile accounts on a monthly basis, manage the overall master files (program finance file and social enterprise finance file), provide strategical analysis and reporting as appropriate. Collaborate with our pro bono sponsor to complete the parts of accounting, taxation and auditing.
• HR: Manage recruitments, HR contracts, salary/ social contributions payments & adjustments, other benefits, exits, in line with internal SYB process and in coordination with CHF rules, structure and support.
3. Support corporate partnerships, fundraising efforts and new income opportunities
• Facilitate financial resources for the program through fundraising actions, sponsorship proposals, service partnerships, in-kind donations and other appropriate methods; nurture all ensuing relationships; help design and implement appropriate CSR strategies.
• Represent SYB and promote cooperation opportunities at meetings and events.
4. Facilitate the growth and long-term sustainability of the organization
• Actively support the selection and preparation of new graduates/students to be trained in France as SYB’s future bakery teachers.
• Ensure good governance and maintain close working relations with Chi Heng Foundation as our umbrella organisation
• Monitor relations with all official and institutional partners and develop new ones as appropriate.
• Dedication to contribute to a growing international non-profit, interest in gaining hands-on experience in social enterprise operations in a multicultural environment
• Strong working knowledge in English, as well as Mandarin. French will be a plus
• Basic knowledge about accounting and financial reporting
• High autonomy, sense of responsibility and detail oriented
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
• Creative and pragmatic approach to delivering solutions
• Time commitment: full time
• Reporting to the SYB Executive Director
• Work closely with French and Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
• Contract in line with non profit standards
• Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (静安区万航渡路849号)
• Outside events at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or other locations
Please send us your application (CV + cover email) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.