As SYB continues to grow and diversify its training, commercial and outreach activities, we hope to stabilise the supporting team, and are looking for new full-time members to join on a long-term basis.
The Office Coordinator will be in charge of supporting the SYB team in its daily operational and administrative work.
- Manage team’s internal coordination (~10%)
- Act as team’s go-to reference point for internal coordination, including directing requests to the right person in charge, setting up team meetings, etc
- Help ensure a good working environment, especially in regards to computer/network/email use
- Train interns on the office IT tools and supervise their use to make sure all online documents and guidelines are kept clean and updated
- Manage petty cash and interns’ reimbursements/ small office payments
- Support external communication (~20%)
- Oversee online external communication (website updates, social media postings, newsletter editing) to make sure information is portrayed in an accurate and professional way
- Ensure availability of SYB printed promotional material
- Help with Chinese/English translation when needed
- Support engagement and coordination of potential volunteers
- Manage external contacts filing system
- Support coordination and organisation of commercial activities (~40%)
- Act as one of the main points of contact for all commercial enquiries
- Coordinate ensuing requests with the SYB commercial team and bakery teachers
- Handle some of the SYB public bakery classes, either as welcome person and/or as interpreter (Chinese to English)
- Assist with the administrative and finance matters of the social enterprise (~30%)
- Handle monthly filing requests, in liaison with the bank, accountant, and tax bureau
- Reconcile commercial accounts at beginning of each month
- Prepare internal monthly financial performance reports
- Keep track of payables and receivables
Possible evolution directions, depending on candidates’ skills and interests (after 6-12 months):
- More pro-active role in external communication: write content for social media, engage journalists, improve general promotion material
- Take more responsibility within the social enterprise program
- Represent SYB at external events, participate in outside networking activities
- Support Program Director in organising bakery activities and weekend outings for the SYB students
- Screen potential NGO partners to enlarge our students recruitment base
- Support the Scale-Up / Train-the-Trainer program by presenting partnership options to NGOs who wish to develop their own bakery program, and organising ensuing partnership
- Apply for grants from Chinese foundations and companies
- Commitment to SYB’s social mission of empowering marginalised populations through bakery; interest in developing hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship
- Native level in Chinese, fluent in English.
- Knowing French will be a strong advantage. Candidates eager to learn or improve their French are warmly encouraged to apply.
- Organised, detail-oriented, able to manage priorities
- Reliable, good sense of professionalism and strong work ethic
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in MS Office tools (especially Excel), or interest to learn
- Work within a small, dynamic, multicultural team led by a French director
- Office work in city centre: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
- Events/classes: SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）
- Compensation in line with Chinese NGO/SE standards and based on level of commitment and experience. Bonus may be awarded to candidates who are able to raise the social enterprise’s profits for SYB’s charity training program
- This is a full-time position with many potential directions for personal and professional evolution. Candidates are expected to be able to commit for at least 3 years.
How to apply:
Please send your CV as well as a short, customised email explaining your current situation and your motivation and qualifications for this role to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
We will only consider applications with a cover email tailored to our organisation.