Social Enterprise Promotion & Activities
The intern in charge of the social enterprise promotion should be a friendly and efficient Chinese-speaking pastry lover, eager to join our multicultural team, tell the world about our public pastry classes, assist with the French bakery workshops and trainings, and do good at the same time!
Time commitment: at least 24 hours per week (including Saturdays), for at least 5-6 months.
Some adjustments in the role may be made to better fit the candidate’s specific skills, interests and availability.
1. Take charge of the general promotion of commercial activities (especially public classes)
• Prepare and/or improve promotional material of SYB's social enterprise activities (public baking classes...)
• Review and improve the Social Enterprise activities section of the SYB website
• Be responsible for the related updates on SYB channels (website, newsletter, social media: weixin, weibo, facebook) as well as related photo management and filing
• Promote these activities more generally on external channels. This can include inviting journalists when appropriate, and following up on ensuing coverage.
• Conduct or support translation work when needed
2. Assist in the organization of the open public bakery/pastry classes (approx. 2 Saturdays/month)
• Attend the classes and support as appropriate, eg: welcome visitors, provide oral translation, take photos, help prepare lunch, ensure general satisfaction level from the clients, help clean up…
3. Support the group bakery/pastry workshops and classes
• Help coordinate and organize booked bakery activities, including negotiation, preparation, logistics, on-site coordination (and translation when necessary), payment, and follow-up
• Dedication to contribute to a growing international non-profit, interest in social issues and learning more about NGO / social enterprise operations in a Chinese multicultural environment
• Native level in Chinese + proficient in English
• Candidates eager to learn French or to improve their knowledge of French language and French culture are warmly encouraged to apply.
• Able to communicate and interact in a professional and pleasant manner, especially in a cross-cultural context
• Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
• Interest in developing hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship, as well as in strengthening skills in PR, marketing, languages, project management
• Some knowledge and experience in graphic design, including Photoshop, will be hugely appreciated.
• Report to the Social Enterprise Director; work closely with French & Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
o Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
o Outside events: at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or other locations
• Time commitment: at least 24 hours/week (including Saturdays), for a minimum period of 5-6 months.
• Transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.
Please send your application to email@example.com. In your email, let us know why this assignment appeals to you, what kind of relevant experience you have (if any), when you would be available to work with us, and include a CV. Thank you!