The Partnerships Manager intern will be in charge of nurturing and managing the strategic relationships with our current partners, and helping to promote their commitment to social responsibility through related communication work and events.
Time commitment: at least 20 hours/week, from October/November to May or from April/May to November (6 months minimum). We can accommodate university students’ schedule if needed.
1. Follow up on ongoing partnerships and provide branding support
• Act as the main contact point for current financial and in-kind partners, coordinate requests and provide regular feedback on actions undertaken by SYB
• Design appropriate CSR strategy for the partner (branding & communication work, organizing staff volunteer activities, providing commercial services…) and implement
• Write and/or edit promotional material for partners
• Lead sponsorship renewal and negotiations; prepare related documents and proposals
2. Monitor and develop hotel partnerships
• Manage relationship with current hotel partners (who provide practical internships to the SYB students); negotiate and follow-up on partnership renewal
• Lead the search for new hotel partners: visit the hotels and review their bakery/pastry departments together with the SYB trainers, present the cooperation terms
• Help design appropriate CSR strategy for engaged hotel partners (branding & communication work, writing/producing material showcasing the collaboration, contacting journalists, organizing staff volunteer activities …) and implement
• Research possible fundraising opportunities in the hotel industry (sponsorships from hotel foundations, etc) and prepare related application material, engage with hotel CSR managers to follow through
3. Manage relations with potential employers
• Answer hotels, bakeries, restaurants, F&B company’s requests to hire SYB graduates
• Promote SYB recruitment services and “SYB Employment Partner” package; organize related services and student activities/ bakery visits
• Organize SYB’s annual “Career Fair” in July, which links SYB’s soon-to-graduate students with potential employers
4. Support organization of major SYB events and outside networking opportunities
• Participate in brainstorming to increase visibility and participation rate at SYB’s annual Graduation Ceremony in July; propose solutions to showcase hotel partners
• Invite partners to SYB’s Graduation Ceremony and make sure their support is duly promoted
• Possibility to represent SYB and introduce cooperation opportunities at outside meetings and events
• Other professional initiatives to raise awareness of the SYB actions and promote its image and/or that of its partners both in China and abroad will be warmly welcome
• Keen to gain experience in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) and Corporate Communication / PR across a wide range of companies
• Dedication to work in a growing international non-profit organization, interest in learning more about NGO operations and social entrepreneurship in a Chinese environment
• Fluent in English and French. Knowledge of Chinese will be a strong advantage.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills in a multicultural environment
• Able to listen and present in a professional setting
• Good organizational skills, responsive
• Enjoy working both within a team and independently
• Report to experienced French program manager with good understanding of Chinese practices and NGOs/social enterprises in China
• Work closely staff and volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
• Local transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.
If interested, please send us your resume by email on email@example.com.
In the body of the email, please tell us about your reasons for applying for this role, any relevant experience and your availability. Thank you!