Shanghai Young Bakers strives to raise awareness about its actions, engage supporters and volunteers, promote its brand and give recognition to its partners, through a professional and pro-active communication strategy.
The Communication Coordinator is in charge of designing and implementing SYB’s overall external communication strategy, under the guidance of the SYB program director and with the support of other SYB volunteers and staff.
Time commitment: from Jan/Feb or Aug/Sept onwards, at least 25 hours per week, for at least 5-6 months.
Promote Shanghai Young Bakers’ work and activities to the general public
- Collect/write articles and update social media and all online communication on a regular basis: SYB website, social networks Weixin, Weibo, Facebook
- Act as Chief Editor for the SYB monthly newsletter
- Be responsible for all promotional material & products (brochures, kakemonos, photos, videos…)
- Translate articles and posts from English to Chinese, and/or ask support from volunteers
- Handle all media requests and coordinate/ follow up with journalists
- Coordinate volunteers requests and participation
- Support organization of various SYB events, and help raise awareness about SYB actions.
- Enthusiasm to work in a growing international non-profit organization, interest in social issues and learning more about NGO operations in a Chinese environment
- Keen to gain experience in Communication, Journalism, PR
- Native level in Chinese, fluent in English.
- Candidates eager to learn French or to improve their knowledge of French language and French culture are warmly encouraged to apply.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented
- Enjoy working both within a team and independently
- Technical knowledge and experience in design and/or in maintaining a website are not essential but would be appreciated
- Report to French program director
- Work closely with French & Chinese staff as well as volunteers from different nationalities and backgrounds
- Office work: Chi Heng Foundation Shanghai office (长寿路武宁路)
- Outside events at SYB Baking Centre （普陀区绥德路）or other locations
- Transportation and phone reimbursement allowance. As a charity project with limited resources, SYB is unfortunately unable to provide further financial compensation.
Please send your application to email@example.com. In your email, let us know why this position appeals to you, what kind of relevant experience you have, when you would be available to work with us, and include a CV. Thank you!